29th August 2018
Topic: Addressing Challenges in Rare Diseases
Location: Ground Floor of Dubai Science Park Headquarters – North Tower, Al Barsha South 2.
Below is the location map for the venue. The main road is Umm Suqeim street towards Arabian Ranches. When you see the Dubai Science Park gate, please take right to enter the area and drive straight all the way to the two towers. You should see a service road on your left where you should enter.
This will be the building that you should go to. The event will take place at the Ground floor of the North Tower. Please follow the directions towards basement parking 1 where you can park your car and take the escalator to the ground floor. We have placed wayfinding signages for further directions.
You may also click the following link for google map directions: https://goo.gl/maps/4pn46vd9LA72
Should you require further assistance, please call 04-5683417.
Free registration: To register click here
The objective of this meeting is to discuss the challenges in rare diseases and the potential solutions for improving patient outcomes. This 4-hour session will include plenary talks on international and regional perspectives in rare diseases, a cross-functional panel discussion of different stakeholder representatives, followed by an audience Q&A.
|09:00-09:10||Welcome and introduction||Marwan Abdulaziz, DSP
Marcus Corander, Connect Communications
|09:10-09:50||Global challenges and solutions in rare diseases||Gavin Jones, OPEN Health|
|09:50-10:30||The regional burden and challenges in rare disease||Fatma Al Jasmi, UAE Rare Disease Association|
|10:45-12:15||Panel discussion: How do we address regional challenges in rare diseases?||Expert panel moderated by Gavin Jones|
|12:15-12:30||Closing||Sahar Samara, OPEN Health
Thom Soutter, Synapse Medical Services
- Gavin Jones – Director of Rare Diseases, OPEN Health (moderator)
- Marwan Abdulaziz – Managing Director, Dubai Science Park
- Dr Fatma Al Bastaki – UAE Rare Disease Association, Consultant Pediatrician in Clinical Genetics and Metabolism, Dubai Health Authority
- Dr Fatma Al Jasmi – UAE Rare Disease Association, Metabolic Consultant at Tawam Hospital, Al Ain and Assistant Professor at UAE University
- Ashraf Salama – Head of GCC and Yemen, Sanofi Genzyme
- Manar Al Nahar – Middle East Country Manager, Alexion